We are dedicated to the complete success of each customer. Detailed husbandry and rearing information documents that are specific to each variety will be provided at the time a reservation or order is placed.
These husbandry guidelines are derived from 40 years of experience and a commitment to determine innovative techniques and optimum standards for the maintaining and growth performance of these species. We also encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns in the course of raising your acquired offspring. In addition, comprehensive papers on captive breeding and husbandry techniques for colubrid species are available upon request.
SELECTING YOUR OFFSPRING
A combination of established multiple bloodlines and genetic variability result in a significant amount of pattern and color variation to occur within the colonies and their offspring. We also continually work on improving each adult colony to develop and refine the pattern and intensified color quality of the offspring produced.
This quality improvement-based approach makes it difficult to represent in the photographic representation all of the color and pattern morphs (new extremes may occur each year) that are available. It is best to call and discuss in more detail the species of interest to you and the factors within each bloodline affecting pattern, color, and corresponding price. We would be happy to assist you in the establishing and developing of any specific pattern and color morph we produce that is of special interest to you.
1) A 25% deposit will be accepted up to one year in advance to reserve offspring prior to birth or hatching. We offer the option for advanced reserving to offset the limited annual availability of the varieties we produce. Deposits are fully refundable at any time if you change your mind for any reason. As offspring are hatched or born, all deposit customers will be contacted and their orders completed first, followed by non-deposit customer orders.
All orders are to be paid in full prior to sending offspring. Payments may be made by VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card, PayPal, personal check, money order, bank check, or wire transfer. For international orders, payment must be made by:
- Bank account wire transfer
- VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card
2) Package pricing combinations exist for certain varieties depending on availability.
3) All offspring will be shipped or delivered in individual labeled containers indicating species, sex, and with an identification number of the parental I.D. and genetic line. All offspring are 100% guaranteed correctly sexed (there is no sex determination in hatchling Gila Monsters). Single males or females and male-multiple female combinations (trios, etc.) may be available for each variety.
4) Live arrival of healthy specimens is guaranteed. When air cargo is used and for insurance purposes, confirmation of live arrival must be conducted at the air cargo office at time of pick-up and any problems reported to the air cargo agent. We must be notified within 10 days of arrival if there is a problem with a specimen in order to replace the specimen or refund your money at your discretion. All air freight charges necessary for a replacement or refund will be paid by Professional Breeders®.
5) Domestic shipments are sent air freight collect on Delta Airlines from Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) at an approximate cost of $95. including insurance. Fedex Priority Overnight Delivery is also available at a cost of $80.00. For international orders, air freight and US Customs export fees including CITES permits must be paid to us in advance at an approximate rate of US $950. per shipment. Lufthansa Airlines, Swiss International or All Nippon Airways are used for most international orders and originate from Los Angeles International Airport. Most countries require an additional CITES import permit issued by the wildlife authority for the importing country prior to shipping Gila Monsters and Ball Pythons.